Zinka (was Re: Deep Secret)

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 11:15:09 EDT 2003

--- Anna Clare McDuff <amcduff at math.sunysb.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Roger Burton West wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 02:14:38PM +0100,
> minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
> >
> > [snip lots of stuff about the lady on whom Zinka
> is in part based]
> >
> > >That's what Zinka is like.  Wonderful woman.
> >
> > Yes. She's good people, without reservation, and
> an excellent argument
> > against the "only people of _my_ faith will go to
> heaven" school.
>
> 	Could I make a request that people either tell us
> who she is or
> try to leave The Real Zinka out of the discussion of
> Deep Secret's Zinka?
> So that we could all discuss things upon a more or
> less equal footing?
> This is a public discussion list after all!

I don't know, I'm kind of enjoying hearing about The
Real Zinka.  Despite being reasonably curious about
her name, I can understand that people might not want
to just come out and say it in a relatively public
forum like this one.  And yet I think it's nifty that
they know her and I think it's interesting to hear
about her in relation to the book.

--jenwa.