Families /DWJ isms

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 30 09:24:58 EDT 2003

Replying, as usual, to the most trivial point in a wonderful post ...

The wriggly hair is very much a marker for DWJ - it's what distinguishes
Tanaqui's family from the other families in Upper Shelling (or is it
Folding), and is typical of the Heathens in Spellcoats. I think it
carries through from there into the other Dalemark books, and to many of
her others as well. If there's anything that is common to many DWJ main
characters it is the wriggly hair!

Anita (definitely not wriggly hair, but OTOH, probably of the family of
Gandalf Grayhame) Graham.