YA/Children's/Adult Books

Rosie Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 04:58:03 EDT 2003

 --- minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
> Obviously I oppose anyone being compelled to read anything, just as I
> oppose anyone being forbidden to read anything.  (Though I'm not sure
> that
> having *Mein Kampf* as a school set-book wouldn't be the very best
> way to
> show it up for the dreary garbage it is, and also mean that nobody
> ever
> again got a thrill from reading the Ultimate Forbidden Book, if it
> was
> compulsory instead!)

Just to prove your point, it was a compulsory text for my friends who
were doing history A-level, and they all hated it! Thanks to what I
heard then, I must confess I have never botheredto read it.

Rosie

=====
Why do we suffer so in the world? Just regard life as the short bloom of the mountain cherry.  -- Murasaki

A bird does not sing because he has an answer; he sings because he has a song.  -- Chinese proverb