YA/Children's/Adult Books

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 20:59:56 EDT 2003

On censorship of websites Roger wrote

<But this is impossible, we replied. Say that you

consider the word
"kite" offensive; how are you going to prevent
people from using "kyte",
"kyt", "k1te", etc., while still allowing them to

talk about kittens?

But they didn't care. As long as the _actual
words_ weren't visible,
that was fine with them.>

One time on a scrabble site much hilarity ensued
when we realised that the answer to a question
like "Name the lead singer of Pulp?" would be
expressed as "Jarvis %*&!$%&", likewise "Joe
 %*&!$%&", who sang A Little Help from my
Friends.

=====
Ven