YA/Children's/Adult Books

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Apr 29 17:58:36 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 23:46, HSchinske at aol.com wrote:

> I don't know what happened if adults wanted to check
> out children's books, and why everyone didn't ask their parents to
> cheat for them, if so.

I briefly went to a library where you had to show proof that you worked
with children if you were an adult and wanted to take out a children's
book. I asked a nearby school where I'd once taught a folk-dancing
class to give me a piece of paper with their stamp on it and some words
to the effect that I was an "auxiliary teacher".

This was not the same library that my mother wrote a Strong Letter to;
not even in the same town, and about fifteen years later, around 1980.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/~irina/foundobjects/          Latest: 11-Mar-2003