YA/Children's/Adult Books

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Mon Apr 28 17:28:46 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> Picking from Anna's thoughtful and eloquent post one tiny bit of info:
>
> >. (I live in Islington
>
> Well, there you go!  An avid reader of people's email addresses, I
> was thinking 'edu' was always US, and trying to put together SUNY and
> Buffalo and wondering how to get rid of the extraneous 's', and all
> the time you're only just across the little puddle.  :-)

	Yes, I am indeed! The remote computer I telnet into to access my
email *is* across the Big Pond however, you're quite right about the .edu
& SUNY bit. Though the extra S is for Stony & the B for Brook. It's a
rather quaint bit of Long Island. For various complicated reasons mostly
to do with my hatred of modern web-email programmes (I use Unix Pine) and
the idiotic firewalls devised by certain unnamed university computer
support technicians here in London I find it much easier to get my email
this way than any other... And as a lot of my family are American & I've
spent a good bit of my life there & just generally am very fond of the
place I really don't mind being taken for a Yank at times :-)

	I'm not a mathematician either.

> Never mind, you all can go back to talking deep and interesting things now.

	Not me! I swear blind that I'm off to a bath soon & really really
won't check my email again until morning. Really. Yeah.

	Anna