Wynne Jones

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Mon Apr 28 16:09:10 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 08:33:38PM +0100, Rosie Hopkins wrote:
>I was taught at college what you do with double-barrelled names, i.e.
>shelve "Wynne Jones" under J and "Wynne-Jones" under W. But what do you
>do when you have a "Wynne Jones" type name, but happen to know that the
>author uses both parts as a surname?

As not, of course, in the case of DWJ, but as in the case of your
occasionally-humble correspondent...

Ask the person. If the person's not available, ask people who know about
them. Or make an educated guess.

This is why humans are still involved in the cataloguing of books,
hurrah!

Burton West, Roger