crass snobbism (was starting Abhorsen discussion)

johanna johanna at nobrandheroine.net
Sat Apr 26 11:24:10 EDT 2003

>>Oh. Gotcha. I don't call those things "mass-market" because I'm used
>> to the term "mass-market paperback" as meaning "small paperback that
>> will fit on the drugstore racks, as opposed to trade paperback".  Which
>> is really a dumb name for it, now that I think of it, and why  don't
>> they call them "small/big paperbacks" or "Paperback Classic vs
>> Paperback Supersized"....oh well, who expects the publishing
>>industry to make sense?

Yeah, "mass market" I've always used in the sense of the publishing term.
I prefer them to trade size, because they're cheaper & they fit in my
purse/coat pocket better!

Johanna

--
What, after all, is a halo? It’s only one more thing to keep clean.
--Christopher Fry, The Lady's Not For Burning

www.nobrandheroine.net