DWJ in Today's Guardian/ short story

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 12:50:39 EDT 2003

Minnow:
> Being fair, the Collins publicity has led to them *all* making that
> mistake, because it claims this as her first children's book in a decade.
> I am still trying to work out what it is in *Deep Secret* that people
think
> is unfit for children any more than any of her other work -- can someone
> explain?

My guess (and guess is all it is) is that the slightly sexy scenes in the
fantasy conference might have something to do with it. And perhaps that the
narrators are both adults (although I forget Maree's exact age). There's
violence too, of course, but then - ahem....

... there's a pretty violent scene in Merlin too.

Charlie