A College of Magics (Was RE: Mysterious Books

Denise DeGraf mustang at sonic.net
Fri Apr 25 12:13:47 EDT 2003

Kale danced around singing:
>I agree on all counts.  There was another book that was set in the same
>world called _When the King Comes Home_; I made the connection mostly
>because there was a Nallaneen in the story.  I feel like it is set many years
>before ACoM--does the name Ludovic Nallaneen sound familiar?

So there *is* another one..!  When someone mentioned there being a sequel
that hasn't come out yet, I thought that perhaps I had lost my mind,
because I sure borrowed *something* set on the same world from the
library!  I have to admit I didn't get all the way through it, though -- I
can't remember the details, but I remember being turned off by the style,
and slogging through a good number of pages waiting for something to happen
before giving up.  I do faintly recall that the part I got through involved
a great deal of social machinations by various characters playing
favorites, looking impressive, being manipulative, etc. which I've never
found terribly interesting, so it might have just been me.

Denise DeGraf ~*~ http://www.sonic.net/mustang/moggy
"Happiness is something you have to go out and get.
It won't come to you, not in *this* world."
-- Diana Wynne Jones