Carbonel

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 05:30:51 EDT 2003

Helen wrote:
>There is some edition of Carbonel that is abridged, but I don't think the
Puffin is.
>Could you check for me, though, just in case?

The Puffin Carbonel isn't abridged, AFAICT; that is, it doesn't say
"abridged" anywhere, although it also doesn't say "complete and unabridged".
The Land of Green Ginger says originally published 1937, rewritten 1966,
copyright in new version 1966 Noel Langley (so I must have the version DWJ
was cross about); Carbonel has nothing like that. I think it's OK.
Jennifer