Amazon (Was Re: _Merlin_

Kale lskale at metaplaxia.net
Thu Apr 24 23:40:32 EDT 2003

At 11:09 AM 4/24/2003 -0600, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>How to get free stuff from Amazon.com:  Complain to them about something.
>They will deny it's their fault, but they will give you cash anyway, at
>least if your complaint is legitimate.  (I don't care if you call it a
>"delivery estimate;" there's no way to deliver a package before it's
>shipped.)

I should've taken a lesson from your complaint, but I had a gift card.  *sigh*
Their availability estimates are whacked.  I ordered two items (including TMC)
which had 24 hour availability and one item that had 2-3 day
availability.  Guess
which one shipped first, not 24 hours later?

I just got notice that another item was shipped today and it was *not* The
Merlin
Conspiracy.  I ordered on the 21st.  If it hasn't shipped out by tomorrow,
I will
have to prod them.

Kale
(who hopes the May 6th delivery estimate is them playing it safe and not an
accurate estimate at all)