dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #627

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Wed Apr 23 21:57:54 EDT 2003

> Why Lymond rather than Niccolo? I have to say (re-reading "Disorderly
>Knights" just now) that I still prefer Frances to Nicholas, but the later
>sequence is very intriguing too.

Dunno...somehow I never got as involved with the Niccolo books as I did
with the Lymond books. Setting may have something to do with it. When
Dunnett does 16th century Scotland I feel as if she's describing people
and places she knew in a previous life. When I read the Niccolo books I
feel as if she's .worked really hard on her research and has done an
excellent job...but for me, the Lymond series just feels more real.

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com