Mysterious Books

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Apr 23 17:55:23 EDT 2003

Anna wrote

>they suggested I should
>also buy A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer, I've never read
>anything by her alone, can anyone advise me as to whether I should let
>her sit around in my cyber basket too?

Yes, I can.  Yes, I think you should.  And at the same time think highly of
her for not allowing the publishers to make her call it *A College of
Magicks*, which notion she apparently fought off with a broom-handle.

Has there been enthusiasm here already over Wrede's *Mairelon the Magician*
and *Magician's Ward*?  I thought they were triffic.

Minnow