Wynne Jones

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Apr 23 16:03:26 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Charles Butler wrote:
|Not that it's the most important thing about the interview, but I was
|interested in the way that Jones was referred to throughout as 'Wynne
|Jones'. This seems to happen now and then, and goodness knows how many sales
|double-barrelled writers lose through it, by having potential customers fail
|to find them in the wrong the part of the bookshop. In Jone's case it's a
|problem of long-standing: I recently had a library copy of Changeover in my
|hands (!!!) and, peering down inside the sellotaped cover to peek at the
|spine, I saw that it said 'Wynne-Jones Changeover'....

"No, Tim Wynne-Jones and Diana Wynne Jones ..."
   "... are not married"
   "... are not related"
   "... are not shelved next to each other"
Though they are both brilliant.  Note the hyphen, for heaven's sake!
Plus one is Canadian and the other is British.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
Can the gods catch flu?  I think I may have given it to all of them.
					-- chrestomanci