Carbonel

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 07:15:22 EDT 2003

Helen wrote:
>There is some edition of Carbonel that is abridged, but I don't think the
Puffin is.
>Could you check for me, though, just in case?

Sure.
It didn't seem to be missing anything I remembered from reading it as a
child- but then a) I didn't own it, just got it from the library  b) that
was probably the same edition anyway, not to mention c) the bits I did
remember well turned out to be quite small snatches- the Rainbow Magic took
up about half a page, as opposed to the whole subplot about Rosemary's
mother sewing that I hadn't remembered at all.
It makes me wonder how many other books are different from my memory of
them.
Jennifer