Missing books

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Apr 23 03:56:52 EDT 2003

Philip:

>Not only is Deep Secret missing, but so are A Sudden Wild Magic, The Dark Lord
>of Derkholm and Year of the Griffin.  This suggests to me that they are trying
>to exclude adult books, although I would have put Dark Lord and YotG in "for
>older readers".
>
>But whatever is "Stopping for a Spell" doing _not_ in "for younger readers"?

Dark Lord is now in children's.  Believe it or not.  A Waterstones in
Edinburgh had all the new HarperCollins books, from Wild Robert up to
Hexwood (although Hexwood, F&H and TotG are classed 'for older
readers') AND Dark Lord in the 9 to 12 category.  I asked someone
working there about Dark Lord being in that age grouping and she said
they went by what the publishers told them, and she'd been surprised
too.

Who wants to bet whether Deep Secret will turn up in children's also
when it's reprinted in December?

Hallie.