Missing books

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Sun Apr 20 17:35:44 EDT 2003

>What I want to know is this:  if you're reading TMC, how do you
>have time to notice this?  Hmmmm?

well  . . . I usually have one of two reactions to a book that I'm
reading that I'm really enjoying. I either plough right through it at
top speed to enjoy it all at once, or I force myself to take breaks
now and then and slow down the process a bit so that I can really
enjoy what's going on.

Which is, for example, why I stopped halfway through Ian McEwan's
"Atonement." The first half was such a stunning piece of writing that
I wanted some time to go by efore I started in on the second half
(which takes place a few years later). It's sitting on my bedside
table, waiting for the moment I finish Merlin.

who found a hard-cover copy of "The Year of the Griffin" for $1 at
Half-Price Books yesterday and broke his vow of not buying anything
new until "The Pile" was a little shorter.

If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with
the universe.
Dr. Beverly Crusher

Ian W. Riddell
Instructional Materials Designer