Missing books/ Cover DEsign

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Sat Apr 19 05:59:27 EDT 2003

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Charles Butler wrote:

> The plot dilutes - a little. The books listed in the UK edition are indeed
> the DWJ books that HarperCollins publish in the UK, which makes sense. But
> what of North America? During a brief Amazonian expedition this morning I
> noticed that Greenwillow (US) and HarperCollins Canada have used the same
> cover for MerlinC, which suggests some kind of liaison between them, if not
> outright ownership of one by the other.

	As far as I understand Greenwillow is an imprint of Harper
Collins' childrens publishing division. It's certainly listed as such at
Harperchildrens.com!

http://www.harperchildrens.com/hch/aboutus/imprints/willow.asp

	What do people think about the Greenwillow cover? I've only seen
low quality scans of it, but I do think it looks better than the UK one. I
originally was going to buy a US copy, but I got tired of waiting for my
amazon order to arrive, cancelled it, and picked up a UK edition here in a
London book shop. It's very sad of me I know, but I would buy another copy
if the US edition was especially well produced. Certainly Greenwillow did
a wonderful job on the Year Of The Griffin, much better than the UK
edition IMO.

	Anna