Missing books

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Sat Apr 19 02:37:55 EDT 2003

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk wrote:

> Well, this is all very confusing. I wonder if the list in Ian's copy
> (Canadian, right?) differs from that printed in the UK and elsewhere.
> Because the 2-vol version of the Chrestomanci books, at least (the ones
> with the cats on the covers) aren't sold here in England, so presumably
> wouldn't be listed. And maybe these books ARE all published by HC in
> North America. The Dalemarks are OUP here, but that's no reason why HC
> couldn't have bought the North American rights. We need more data. Can
> anyone with a UK copy have a quick look at the list and see if it
> matches?

	Hello! My name's Anna, early thirties, live in London, and I've
loved DWJ's books since I was a small child. I joined this list a week or
two ago & I've been lurking since, but I do have a UK Merlin Conspiracy &
have put its Other Titles list below. It *does* include Hexwood, but still
omits Deep Secret... very odd! All I can imagine is that DWJ, or some
random publisher, decided that children ought not even be tempted to read
an adult novel. I can't think of anything in Deep Secret, though, that
would upset a child with the will & vocabulary to read it...

	Anna

Chrestomanci Series
Charmed Life*
The Magicians Of Caprona*