Abhorsen discussion

Thu Apr 17 18:47:41 EDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:34:33 +0100, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:

>I'm more often reading a bit from the middle to see if I like the
>author's style. I did sneak a peek at the end of Abhorsen [No spoiler <g>]
>when I read one of the plot points, just to see if it came out OK, because
>if I'm reading in a feverish "want to finish it to find out what happens"
>way I don't enjoy it as much as a more leisurely read, but I don't often do
>that.

I do this too, and for exactly that reason.  Sometimes I'm so tense about
how something will end that I can't relax to enjoy it unless I peek ahead.
I think I had to do this with _The Eyre Affair_, most recently, over the
love story...she was being such an idiot, grumble grumble....

Melissa Proffitt
(they're shipping _Merlin_ from NEW JERSEY!!!  There are warehouses a whole
lot closer than that, what on earth is the matter with them?!?!?!)