The Big Read

Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 07:28:54 EDT 2003

Rowena wrote:

> I don't think that anyone has posted about this yet. The BBC is doing
> another one of it's 'let's find the nation's favourite...'
> This time they're looking for favourite books.
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/
> Now whilst the site does say that there are rules against block voting,
> I don't think that letting the list know about this project counts as a
> block vote ;-)

Oh, definitely not.  A block vote is when we discuss it on the list, and dedcide
that we will all vote for one book, regardless of our individual favourites.
And we're not going to do that!  (As if we could get the whole list to agree to
vote for a particular book)

Besides, I voted for A Sudden Wild Magic earlier this week, so I cannot in all
conscience vote again.

(FWIW my next choice would have been "Drinking Sapphire Wine" by Tanith Lee)

Philip

prohibited.

Registered address:

Registered in England & Wales No. 2366923.