Dollmage (was Re: On changing names - about as OT as you can get)

Mon Apr 14 19:54:17 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:56:39 -0400 (EDT), deborah wrote:

>Oh well, no Hester Prynne for me.  I did like it, though not as much as
>I probably should have, because I read it in snippets: in the car; while
>other people were talking to me; at lunch.  The cover art was
>horrendous, though.  Somebody pointed out that the girl on the cover --
>is she supposed to be one of the main characters?  because she isn't --
>looks like Gwen, the Rogue stand-in from Angel.

I think the girl on the cover is meant to be Annakey. (!)  But she does look
more like Gwen.  Gwen is fun.  And a source of great plot complications.  It
is really hard to read this book in snippets, but I'm glad you liked it.  My
copy has been making the rounds; I loaned it to Friend #1, who adored it and
loaned it to Friend #2, who liked it okay, but said to #1 "I can see why
*you* liked it."  Weird comment.  :)

>So whilst
>I am still a Scarlet Harlot, I don't get a letter.

I'm sure we can come up with a better costume than Hester Prynne.  I want to
be a superhero too, but I'd be something boring like The Laundress.
"Wringing out the stains of evil everywhere that clothing is worn!"  Ugh.

Melissa Proffitt