Justifiable homicide?

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 14 10:43:01 EDT 2003

Okay, here's the scenario:

I was at the bookshop yesterday, and since everyone in the known universe
has the Merlin Conspiracy, I thought I would ask the woman in the
children's section if she had any updated information on the release date.
She was very snippy about this: obviously I didn't understand about the
publishing business, and just because everyone else has a copy doesn't mean
I can get it in Canada. Blah, blah, blah, June. So I went home, and not an
hour later, she calls and says "Your book is in". "What book?" I ask,
because despite her incompetence and bad attitude, I have ordered several.
"The Merlin Conspiracy" she responds. So I made some comment like, "You
could not have mentioned this an hour ago when I was asking you about it
and you said 'June'?" And she was all, like, surprised that I thought I had
any reason to be at all annoyed.

May I kill her?

Robyn