Abarat, etc

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 08:22:16 EDT 2003

Ros wrote:
> I'm about half-way through it now, and I more or less concur
> that it's OK, even more than OK< with some nifty ideas. I read it straight

> after _Merlin_, and DWJ is always a hard act to follow.

I felt a bit like I wanted to read somebody else's version of the story- he
seems to spend less time on the interesting ideas than I'd like, or
something- I usually like it when things are referred to in passing and not
spelt out, it gives it depth, but I don't think this was fleshed out enough.
DWJ's take on the Hours would be much cooler!
Jennifer