Just finished "A Tale of Time City"

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Fri Apr 11 09:55:14 EDT 2003

Good morning, all!

I'm taking a break between "Drowned Ammet" and "Crown of Dalemark"
and I picked up "A Tale of Time City" when I was visiting my parents
in Ontario.

What another wonderful book from Diana! I'm glad my plane was late so
I could sit and read the end of this at one stretch.

I have one comment/thought

This may mean nothing to the rest of you, but I really enjoyed the
fact that the time machines were called "time locks". I didn't really
figure out why they were called that at the beginning, just another
name I guess. But when we got to the trip on the river and the boat
pulled up near an actual lock that boats used to travel up and down
in time I got it. Nothing profound, it just made me smile, that's all.

ian
You measure democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the
freedom it gives its assimilated conformists
Abbie Hoffman

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net