Tithe

Abe Gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 10 18:54:31 EDT 2003

> --- Charles Butler
> <hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote:
> > Anyone come across a new book by Holly Black called
> > 'Tithe'? From the blurb
> > I read it's not quite a Tam Lin retelling, but it is
> > faerie-related and -
> > well, with a name like that, it can't be that far
> > off. But I'd never heard
> > of this author, who I think is American.
>
> So I've been meaning to pick up a copy of this,
> because I met the author at World Fantasy last year
> and she was really nice -- *and* apparently Charles de
> Lint was hand-selling the book to people at the
> convention, which indicates to me that it might well
> be good, or at least worth a shot.
> However, I haven't quite managed to do this yet... if
> anyone else has, I'd like to hear opinions...
>
> --jenwa.

I've been on the lookout for this book also because it got a very positive
review in Locus a couple of months back. And Charles de Lint made some
hightly favourably comments about it in recently, in _SF and F Magazine_,
IIRR, so I can see why he might have been plugging it. I haven't seen a copy
anywhere here yet.

Ros