DWJ article in Independent

Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk Philip.Belben at eme.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 05:29:30 EDT 2003

> Anyone seen this article? It came out on Saturday.
>
> http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/books/interviews/story.jsp?story=393990

Thanks for the heads up, Lisa.  I had a look on the web, and then when I got
home, dug out Saturday's Independent Magazine and tracked it down, complete with
an almost full page picture of Diana, looking older than my mother (she's
actually 2 years younger) :-(

But Why, o why, this constant harping on about Rowling in every article about
Jones?

(I'm also not sure of the accuracy of some of the article.  I don't remember
anyone getting burnt in Charmed Life, for example)

In the one column remaining on the page with the photo was another interesting
article, about the state of the children's book market, which claimed that the
size of the market was not actually significantly bigger than previous years,
despite the Rowling hype - Rowling has been gaining market share at the expense
of other writers.  Ugh.

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered address:

Registered in England & Wales No. 2366923.