Venomous sheep

Otter Perry ottertee at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 9 12:17:58 EDT 2003

Kathleen Jennings wrote:

> Kyla Tornheim wrote:
> > > Actually, I just had a reading spree: five books in four days. Dark
> Lord,
> > > Year of the Griffin, Time of the Ghost, Macbeth and Hexwood.
> >
> > So I read that list, thought, "Oooh, good list of books to read," and then
> > thought, "Wait. One of these things is not like the others." :^)
>
> I'd been putting it off for years. I thought if I slipped it into the middle
> of a DWJ frenzy I might not notice.

I, on another paw, have been involved with two productions of it and can
recite great swaths from memory.  Now you can go back and read _Wyrd
Sisters_ with renewed appreciation.  There's a lot of Hamlet in Wyrd
Sisters, too, but it doesn't stand out as much.  [Ghost of dead father,
etc.]

If you want to see it*, Roman Polanski made a move of it back in the
70s with a young Macbeth [Jon Finch] and a young Lady Macbeth
[Francesca Annis].  You should be able to find it on tape ....

*Macbeth, not Wyrd Sisters.  Obviously.  The Wyrd Sisters film is _much_
 more recent, animated, and the only person whose voice is in it that I
 can remember is Christopher Lee as Death.