Venomous sheep

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 9 00:09:51 EDT 2003

Jennifer Rowland wrote:
>    "It is very lucky," said the man in the branch below, "that a
>    sheep cannot climb a tree."

This is the line that undid me. I just finished reading Dark Lord and am
reading it out loud to a friend and she loves those sheep. Myself, I find
the leathery-winged avians funniest because I used to have geese. Never
again. Her 'magical' animals are so powerfully ordinary and real.
Actually, I just had a reading spree: five books in four days. Dark Lord,
Year of the Griffin, Time of the Ghost, Macbeth and Hexwood. I'm taking a
break to do a mid-semester exam and recover before reading The Power of
Three. And then, hopefully, Deep Secret will arrive. So I'm catching up.
Kathleen.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most
of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if
nothing had happened.
- W. Churchill
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au