Howl music was Re: Cowboy Bebop (was Re: got my merlin conspiracy!)

M Elizabeth Parks meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Tue Apr 8 13:21:33 EDT 2003

ooh, happy birthday, Jacob!  Cowboy Bebop is definitely a nice thing to
get (though I'm still convinced of the supremacy of Trigun ;); I just
wanted to comment on the music of it, which is great--done by a woman
named Yoko Kanno.  So thinking about this has me thinking about the
possible movie score to "Howl;" I'm really hoping that it will be done by
Hisaichi Jo, who did the music for "Mononoke Hime" and whose soundtrack to
the Japanese film "Kikujiro no Natsu" (American release is just "kikujiro"
is one of my favorite things right now.  So I guess I was wondering what
kind of music you guys would put with Howl, or with any other DWJ
book--it's easier for me at least to say what actor I'd use, but I'm
curious as to music style, b/c I think that makes a lot of things: a large
part of the appeal in Cowboy Bebop is the music, at least to me.  This is
true in another anime series called Noir; the music was also a big part of
the first LotR film to me.  So!  Any thoughts on what Howl music should
sound like?