Cowboy Bebop (was Re: got my merlin conspiracy!)

Tue Apr 8 12:10:59 EDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 01:55:52 +1000, Sally Odgers wrote:

>Cowboy Bebop????? What dat?

Anime series about bounty hunters in space.  But it's more satisfying than
the nutshell description.  I'm not an anime "fan" in the sense of watching a
lot of it, knowing ANY Japanese terms to describe it, or being at all aware
of the conventions that make something anime, but I find the show accessible
as strict science fiction.  I also like the jazz/blues musical themes (many
of the episode titles draw on music terminology too) and the fact that you
have to really work to figure out what's going on sometimes.  It's kind of
bleak, but ultimately redemptive...probably.  This is the first time I've
seen all the episodes in order.

Melissa Proffitt