Favourite seques

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Fri Apr 4 09:57:45 EST 2003

Charles Butler wrote:

>Margaret:
>And
>
>>hardly anybody wants to hear my list of how mathematicians, physicists,
>>engineers, computer programmers and software marketers prove that all
>>odd numbers are prime.
>>

>Well, I'd sure like to hear it.

Aha! A willing victim!

Mathematician: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, and by
induction - every odd integer higher than 2 is a prime.

Physicist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is an
experimental error, 11 is a prime,...

Engineer: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is a prime, 11 is
a prime,...

Programmer: 3's a prime, 5's a prime, 7's a prime, 7's a prime, 7's a
prime,...

Computer Software Salesperson: 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9
will be prime in the next release,...

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com