DWJs in other languages

Laurie Puszczewicz lpuszcze at indiana.edu
Mon Sep 30 20:20:51 EDT 2002

Joe wrote:
'Unofficially' there's also whatever that handful of people in Asturias
speaks (can't remember the name). Plus the whistle language
used to communicate between villages across gorges in the
Alpujarras. Plus Gitano? Plus...

Another Spain lover on the list!! The Asturian language is Bable, sin't
it?  The Alpujarras language is a new one for me, though; I haven't spent
much time down in Andalucia.  In my Catalan class we were talking about a
region in Aragon that has its own language, whose name has slipped my
mind.

>I returned to Ireland from Spain at 4 this morning,

Where in Spain were you, if you don't mind my asking?  I was in La Coruna
this summer.

(Searching desperately for a DWJ reference to make this post a little less
off topic): I'm currently in Library School and I overhead two fellow
students who are taking a children's lit course (lucky them) talking about
using a DWJ book for thei end of semester book review project!

Laurie