Free DWJ for Oz schools

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 20:50:19 EDT 2002

One of our local newspapers (and not one I read) runs
a promotion in which readers collect tokens, which
translate into free books for their local school
library. I notice that among the choices for this year
are DWJ's "The Magicians of Caprona" and and audio
book version of "Charmed life". Another one is Sally
Odgers' "Translations in celadon".
Last year I got 4 books for the library from it, this
year I suspect it will be only two (if that), I
alreadsy have both DWJs (in print form), but may get
Sally's book. Do you recieve normal royalties for this
Sally? (and also for your books when they appear on
Australian Standing Orders - there was one of yours
last year - I've heard that authors recieve reduced
royalties from these sales  - although perhaps the
additional sales make up for it?)
Has anyone else read Jasper Fforde's "The Eyre affair"
-  great fun, with lots of literary jokes.

Jon Noble