OT Norman French and Old English

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Sep 25 18:27:34 EDT 2002

Hi Marie
I promise I won't be bored. I did a very basic course in Old English a few
years ago and absolutely loved it, but haven't had the opportunity since
then to return to it, so would love to hear any gems you like to share on
OE.
I'd like to put in an ob DWJ reference here, but can't think of one - but
maybe she studied OE at university? Tolkien was one of her professors, at
any rate.
Regards
Elizabeth.
(secretly hankering to do a thesis on the Dream of the Rood)