OT Was anyone else in the uk awake?

Ms Emma Comerford s369161 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 24 21:21:05 EDT 2002

Marie: Well, half awake and drifting!  I thought it was a dream at
>first.  Then I realised it reminded me of the one which shook me from
>my nearly-time-to-get-up doze in Liverpool in the mid 80s ...
>somewhere between 7 and 8 in the morning if I rightly remember ...that
>same feeling of unreality, of not being sure one's sleepy senses had
>reported aright. So I turned the local radio on, and within a few
>minutes, sure enough, it was being reported. I just wish I'd been
>fully awake. I feel cheated of the full experience. Surely one would
>feel visceral fear if all the waking neurons were firing?

When three friends and I were staying overnight in Tokyo there was a
small earthquake that woke me but not the others. Because of that half
asleep feeling, I was almost convinced by them that it was a dream, but
the receptionist kindly confirmed that it had indeed occurred. :)
Actually, I enjoyed the jigging around and wasn't scared until I
started wondering if there was a painting hanging on the wall behind
the bed!
Emma