OT Was anyone else in the uk awake?

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Tue Sep 24 05:18:20 EDT 2002

Marie wrote:

> I just wish I'd been fully awake. I feel cheated of the full experience.
Surely one
> would feel visceral fear if all the waking neurons were firing?

I was asleep and completely missed it. But I think being frightened depends
how bad it is- if the ground feels like it's giving way and things are
falling off shelves, that would be frightening, but something that feels
like a heavy lorry driving by isn't very. There was a little quake while I
was in Los Angeles once, and it was over before I realised what it was, and
no-one was scared of that.
Jennifer