OT Was anyone else in the uk awake?

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 22 21:48:25 EDT 2002

Hi everyone, I've just experienced my first
earthquake! And it's too late to phone anyone
here so I'm writing emails about it. I'm quite
thrilled. I didn't know what it was until the
news told me just now, but I felt the house shake
and there was a noise which made me think train?
very big train? Then it seemed more like a
regular thumping and I noticed one of my plants
shaking -- "is it a cat scratching?" I thought, a
bit confusedly as it would have taken an animal
the size of my mate's alsation to shake the
bookcase that much. Afterwards, slightly puzzled
I went back what I was doing and forgot about it
til the telly told me what it was! Amazing, so
that's what they're like (well, teensy weensy
ones at any rate.)

=====
Ven