Hi again ;)

Satu S Hlinovsky skanervi at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Sep 18 11:14:22 EDT 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Maaria Salo wrote:
> Wellcome to the list, Anna-Leena! Nice to have another Finn here.

Oo, I never realised there are so many of us Finns, four at least.

> Good news! Year of the Griffin is coming out in Finnish this year.

Well, I don't know if it's good news. I prefer reading them in the
original, partly for the same reason you do; when reading translations I
keep wondering what caused all those odd mistakes and misunderstandings in
it (I guess I could call it an occupational hazard - I work as a
translator).

Hope to hear more of you on this list!

-Satu
(another lurker)