Hi again ;)

Maaria Salo maaria.salo at hut.fi
Wed Sep 18 06:10:46 EDT 2002

Wellcome to the list, Anna-Leena! Nice to have another Finn here.

> I *would* be buying them in Finnish, if they existed! Only four of
> them have been translated, and three of those have been published a
> decade ago. I'd love to buy her books in English too, if only I could
> get my hands on those.

Good news! Year of the Griffin is coming out in Finnish this year. I've
yet to read The Dark Lord of Derkholm in Finnish although I gave it to my
fiance last Christmas. I think I'm too used to reading them (and other
books) in the original language, that I keep watching the translation and
don't immerse in the story. But it would be so much easier to convert
others to dwj-books if they were translated.

> I used to love DWJ's books when I was younger and discovered them
> again this summer. When a quick internet search revealed the fact
> that she has written so much more than those few books I've been able
> to read I was astonished. I subscribed to this list a week or two ago
> and I've been lurking here hoping that some day I'll get to actually
> read the books you guys are talking about...

I've found quite a lot of them in English in libraries. Of course now I've
managed to buy (here and abroad) most of them. I just got a bunch of
dwj-books on Monday I've been waiting for months to order (not having any
money to spare): Wild Robert, Stopping for a Spell, Wilkin's Tooth, The
Spellcoats and The Crown of Dalemark. :) So for the moment life is blissful!

	Maaria, the lurker-Finn