Hi again ;)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Sep 18 03:23:22 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 00:12, Anna-Leena Pyykönen wrote:
> > Is anyone else buying DWJ books in other languages?
>
> I *would* be buying them in Finnish, if they existed! Only four of
> them have been translated, and three of those have been published a
> decade ago.

My seven-year-old daughter* has discovered DWJ so we're buying them in
Dutch. The Chrestomanci ones have recently been re-issued, but still in
the same inadequate translation - I shudder to think what that
translator, if she's still active, would do with something like _Dark
Lord of Derkholm_.

*her elder sister tried _Charmed Life_ when she was seven, but thought
it boring because she didn't have the dedication to read past page 15.
The one reading them now knows that a DWJ book is guaranteed to start
slow, turn exciting after twenty pages or so, and end much too fast for
her tastes.

   Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.          http://www.valdyas.org/irina