Magicians of Caprona

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Sep 16 21:19:43 EDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Robyn Starkey wrote:

> >Robyn, sorry to quibble - do you mean Cat in Charmed Life, or Christopher in
> >LoCC?  Both display stubborn ignorance, albeit about different things.
>
> Oh both, of course. But Cat in LoCC really bugs me because of his
> passivity. Christopher is at least active when he is being ignorant.
No, see, the above person's question was based on the fact that Cat isn't
*in* LoCC, since he's not even born yet. But the passivity thing leads me
to think you do mean Cat, although he's in CL.

And, to actually have some content--hrm. I just wish Cat had told an adult
about his problems; but the reason he's so passive is that he's probably
rather shy and has been able to and been forced to depend on Gwendolen his
whole life. He's used to being pushed around and told what to do, and he
feels so small and helpless that he thinks nothing will make any
difference, and I'm not annoyed by this because I was kind of like that
when I was little.