Drowned Amminamit?

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 21:04:48 EDT 2002

snip quote from Drowned Ammet

I wrote
<When I look at
> certain pictures of Eminem (most of them,
unless
> he's wearing that silly mask) I'm very much
> reminded of this passage. It's true he's not as
> thin as Mitt (though his diet was probably no
> better), it's the bit about the empty curves
and
> the eyes that does it I think.
>
> A while ago there was a somewhat fierce
> discussion about the merits of Mitt's
character.
> I do like him. I rather like Eminem as well
(and,
> how sad is this? I copied my tapes from my
> friend's little brother!). So, any correalation
> out there for a liking for both?!!

Jen wrote

<I dunno, I've always found Eminem a bit pathetic

- he just goes on and on about how contraversial
he is and stopped being interesting ages ago. >

Ah! so you agree he was interesting once!

< But  I'm a huge Mitt fan.  The idea of Mitt
being another Eminem if he'd grown up
in a different world unnerves me slightly.>

Me too. It was more the idea that Eminem
could have grown up like Mitt, the bomb throwing
Mitt. I suppose I'm seeing them as being on the
same continuum of empty eyed, undernourished
boys.

=====
Ven