Magicians of Caprona

Emma Comerford s369161 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Sep 16 20:36:06 EDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Robyn Starkey wrote:

> > > saying I like peaches better than grapes. Personally, I like them all. They
> > > all have qualities; I would say that I like LoCC the least because Cat's
> > > stubborn ignorance annoys me.
> >
> >Robyn, sorry to quibble - do you mean Cat in Charmed Life, or Christopher in
> >LoCC?  Both display stubborn ignorance, albeit about different things.
>
> Oh both, of course. But Cat in LoCC really bugs me because of his
> passivity. Christopher is at least active when he is being ignorant.

I've always thought of Cat in Charmed Life as being the more passive of
the two, with Christopher's ignorance being an act of defiance against all
the adults controlling his life. I love Charmed Life but sometimes felt I
would be tempted (if I were Crestomanci) to shake Cat out of his
acceptance of his sister's dominance.

Emma