Magicians of Caprona

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Mon Sep 16 11:27:14 EDT 2002

Deborah wrote:

> Witch Week is certainly the most accessible of her books to the Harry
> Potter crowd, and one of her more accessible books in general.  Among my
> favorites, I don't particularly like to rank.
>
> That being said, Caprona has never been one of my favorites.

Interesting - different books for different people again.

I don't much like to rank among the books I like, but I find WW the least
accessible of the Chrestomanci books.  I think it's the way there doesn't seem
to be even a glimmer of hope until Chrestomanci arrives ex machina.  (As I said
when we were first discussing YotG, I don't much like the Deus ex Machina
technique).

OTOH I really do like MoC.

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Powergen UK plc Registered Office: City Point 1, Ropemaker Street , London EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970