new covers / intro

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Fri Sep 13 10:37:58 EDT 2002

Hi, my name is Margaret Ball and as a longtime dwj fan I'm happy to have
found this list. I write sf/fantasy too, although not in her league (I
wish!).

>Besides, in
>general it strikes me as exactly the kind of cover you get when the artist
>has only read a snippet of the book.  Not that it's terrible artwork, just
>not representative.

Unfortunately, a cover which has little or nothing to do with the book
contents is common practice. Anybody ever go to a filksinging session?

"There's a dragon on the cover of the book,
There's a dragon on the cover of the book,
He is green and he has scales,
And he's nowhere in the tale,
But there's a dragon on the cover of the book!"

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com