Hexwood Cover

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Sep 12 16:37:49 EDT 2002

I went to the Donato site that Kathleen gave us and I see that he talks
about this painting as 'his recent commission from HarperCollins of "Then
There Were Three...". A depiction of three Brandybuck hobbits dealing with
the mysteries of the Old Forest. '
I guess if HarperCollins owns the rights to the painting they can slap it on
the cover of any book they like... even if the subject matter of the
painting was something quite different.(!)
Regards
Elizabeth.