new covers (Was RE: new Deep Secret edition

Thu Sep 12 12:15:14 EDT 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:25:19 -0700 (PDT), Kale wrote:

>My reaction is that it is a very nice cover--it just
>does *not* belong with this book in the sense that
>anyone picking up this edition will be expecting a
>rousing fantasy adventure with three young men on a
>quest and be extraordinarily confused by Ann Stavely,
>sick in bed, spying on her neighbor's activities.

I think that young man in the lower left is meant to be Ann; at least, it
looks like that one is female if you look long enough.  Not that we're to
know this, since they all appear to be the same age and gender at first
glance.  But my guess is that this is Mordion, Ann, and Hume doing...uh.
Something magical.  And of course the clothing is all wrong.  I agree about
the cover not fitting the book.  I hate that.  Obviously the publisher is
trying to sell books, but as you say, anyone who picks this up on the basis
of the cover is going to be expecting exactly the wrong thing.

Melissa Proffitt