I Dare (was Re: new Deep Secret edition)

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Wed Sep 11 17:48:09 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:08:35AM +0100, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:
> OT- I cracked and bought I Dare (finale of the Liaden series) for ?9 on
> Friday, read it and walked around with a smile all weekend. Very satisfying,
> with a nice- not twist exactly, but ending that's slightly different to
> expectations.

What I hated was that I accidentally saw the page where the Surprise
happened, so it wasn't a surprise... 8-(  I hate spoiled surprises.
But I loved seeing poor Pat Rin -- whom I was disposed to hate -- grow
up, so to speak.

> (Though they do seem to have a slight case of
> must-pair-everybody-up). Now I have to reread them all and wait impatiently
> for Balance of Trade, next year.

Oh yeah.  I went off and got the chap-books after I finished I Dare;
that only staved off my hunger for a little while...

Oddly enough, I (re)discovered this list when I was searching for
references to the Liaden Universe; though now that the archives are off
the search-engines, such things won't happen to anyone any more. 8-/

> I shouldn't buy it when it comes out, though. We've got too many books
> already, the house is full of the things. I keep thinking of Komarr, where
> somone's library is confiscated, and it's a small cupboard full of
> book-cubes. If only...

That gets us back to the e-books discussion...

Kathryn Andersen